Don't want to be bothered about what to order to begin composting? This is a starter kit for a family of 4-5 members. It comes with our best selling product the Kambha, a rake, microbes, raincoat, 2 packets of Remix Powder, a pack of Neem and a complimentary how to book. So you save while you shop.
Don't want to be bothered about what to order to begin composting? This is a starter kit for a family of 1-3 members. It comes with our best selling product the Small Kambha, a rake, microbes, 1 pack of Remix Powder, a pack of Neem and a complimentary how to book. So you save while you shop.
A great way to get your kids to understand their connections to nature. Comes with complimentary pack of Remix Powder for a real hands on experience!
Regular Price: ₹550.00
Special Price ₹500.00
Think composting is time consuming, smelly and messy? Try this 5 day test kit and see if you can commit to this important practice. If you get it right, then you can just get the other units and complete your composter. It's that simple!
PESKY FRUIT FLIES
These can be a real nuisance but they are not a health hazard. We have three tried methods of controlling them:
- Cover fresh waste with enough Remix Powder and a sheet of paper. The paper is an effective way of keeping fruit flies in check. Basically, there should be no waste visible for the flies to sit on.
- Use a liberal dose of Lemon grass spray on the composter and pile. You can make this using lemon grass essential oil, diluted in water. Also you can burn a “diya” with lemon grass essential oil near the Kambha.
- Use the electric mosquito bat to swat the flies every 2 days.
Here are some DIY methods ...
- Make a fruit fly trap and place it near the Kambha (Download instructions)
- Put 1/4 cup white vinegar and a squirt of liquid dishwashing soap in a cup and add water until the bubbles reach the top of the cup. Leave it on the counter and the fruit flies are attracted to it and
- Take 1/2 litre milk + 450 gms jaggery + 50 gms ground pepper and combine in a saucepan & simmer for 8-10 minutes. Pour the mixture into shallow dishes. Flies will attack it greedily and soon suffocate. This recipe has been handed down in New England since 1850.
What does Remix powder do?
1. Absorbs moisture
Remix powder uses the absorption strength of cocopeat to soak up the liquid released during composting (leachate). That means no more gooey, sticky or smelly piles.
2. Makes composting stir & smell free
The powder is light and airy, creating plenty of gaps in the compost pile. This, along with the holes in the outer surface of Daily Dump composters, keep oxygen flowing - eliminating the need to stir and stopping stinky odours from forming.
3. Great source of carbon
Remix Powder has the right type of carbon for composting. It has ideal particulate size and surface area and so does not lead to air blocked masses forming. Its high lignin content adds to the nutrient value of the done compost and boosts root health.
4. Creates friable compost
Compost produced using Remix Powder reduces the amount of cocopeat you need to add in your final potting mixture. In fact, you can directly plant some species of seeds into your compost.
5. Helps you get it right the first time
The correct moisture content and enough oxygen are keys to no smell composting. Start with Remix powder and we can guarantee that you will soon be on your way to becoming a composting ustaad!
6. Speeds up composting
Remix powder contains a culture of cellulolytic and lignolytic microbes mixed with magnesium silicate. This is a natural and safe accelerator that speeds up composting.